To residential agents struggling to find clients- THIS IS FOR YOU!
If you are just starting out and struggling, this is a proven strategy to start generating leads!
You have your Real Estate License and maybe even a bit of experience. But let's face it, entrepreneurship is the new outfit, and real estate appeal to the investor, the homemaker and the professional alike. As a result. . .
COMPETITION IS FIERCE!
But don't worry, we will share a little secret that can help you get set up for long-term success.
When you start off as a real estate agent, chances are, you will start off working with buyers. Everyone wants listings, they are certainly a little less work. You market the property and the buyers come to you. But to get a good stream of listings, you need to be in the market a while, build a reputation, get referrals, or if you are lucky, your broker will feed you some leads.
Get ahead of the game and start generating buyer leads TODAY!
Here is a proven method that helped many agents start off strong and build their book of business fast.
What is a HUD Property?
A HUD home where the previous owner who had an FHA-insured mortgage loan, was unable to make payments and went through foreclosure. Since FHA loans are insured by the Government, when a borrower defaults on the loan, the Federal Housing Administration pays the lender the owed balance and takes possession of the property. These properties get sold for below market value.
How to get started?
Your broker will need to fill out this form in order for you (the agent) to start marketing HUD listings for sale or working with Buyers that want to buy a HUD property. It's important to understand that both agents on the buyer and seller side must be HUD approved.
Once you are HUD registered, prospects can find you on the website under broker for a certain area!
Where to look for listings? How to Market to generate leads?
Let's get down to the details. Visit www.hudhomestore.com to start searching HUD homes.
Once you find properties that you are excited to advertise, remember this: EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT THE LISTING BROKERS, YOU CAN ADVERTISE HUD HOMES!
It's important to become registered and follow advertising guidelines.
Generate engagement, buyer leads, and build your book of business for solid long-term success.
Make the benefits of buying a HUD Home Known to your audience:
-> HUD pays up to 5 percent of the closing costs, saving you thousands.
-> You can move in faster if you purchase a HUD home eligible for FHA-insured mortgage because it has already been appraised.
-> HUD homes may be eligible for repair loans built into the mortgage
-> Buyers may qualify for 3 percent down payments.
HUD Advertising Guidelines:
1. Advertise HUD homes in a professional and ethical manner
2. Be positive and proactive in your HUD Home advertising
3. Refer to HUD Homes as “HUD-owned” “HUD-acquired” or simply, “FOR SALE”
4. Always include the Equal Housing Opportunity Logo and/or statement on any and all advertising, including signage, websites, flyers, etc.
5. If advertising specific properties on a flyer, in print, or on a website, always include a HUDHome Disclosure and link to the HUD Listing site i.e.“This is a HUD-owned property. To view all HUD Properties available for sale, please visit wwwhudhomestore.com. Our HUD-registered agents can sell and show you any home you find of interest on the site.” Make sure to disclose that only registered HUD agents can show you HUD homes.
6. Note any flood plain zones or other warning information as it appears on the property’s Internet listing, if applicable
7. Do not place signage in a HUD property’s yard. This right is reserved for the property’s listing agent, however all registered agents can place directional signs outside the property lines. Do not abuse the right to place directional signs.
8. Do not destroy, damage, or remove the advertising, including signage, of another HUDregistered selling or listing agent for any HUD Property
9. Do not refer to or advertise properties as “distressed”, “foreclosed,” “government,” “must sell” or “repossessed” or any other adjectives with notable negative connotation
10. Do not advertise a property before it’s officially listed for sale to the general public
11. Do not imply in any way to any prospective buyer or real estate agent that the advertising broker is the exclusive source of information or rights to the property
The HUD Home Sales Process is an OPEN Selling Process, where all HUD-Registered selling agents have equal right to show, sell, and advertise HUD Homes available for sale. Do not state or imply the price of the property differs from the list price shown on HUD’s Property Listing Site